This is my (very) provisional itinerary:
I’m 25 years old and I will do a solo backpacking trip, purchasing a Greyhound pass ticket.
I will not visit North Queensland (to don’t risk for weather and stinger) and probably I will visit Red Centre, for its importance, despite heat.
In these 4 weeks from Sydney
- Byron Bay and hinterland for 3 days
- Brisbane: 1 day for city and a 1-days cruise in N. Stradbroke I. or Moreton I.
- perhaps a visit to Australian Zoo in Sunshine Coast (1 day)
- 1-day cruise in an island of southern GBR (probably Lady Musgrave island from 1770, alternatively L.Elliott or Heron)
Then I return to Brisbane by bus and catch flight to Adelaide.
- Next Day, from Adelaide to Alice Springs by flight (I arrive in afternoon), then next day a 3-days tour in Red Centre (and return to Alice Springs).
- From Alice to Adelaide by bus, stopping to Coober Pedy sleeping here (total time: 2days/1night)
- Another 1 day in Adelaide
- Then from Adelaide to kangaroo island (2days/1 nights)
- Then I have to come back to Melbourne by bus: during this travel, I visit Grampians and Great Ocean Road (if I take a tour, it will be necessary 3days, if I organize myself the itinerary, I’ll do it in 4 days)
Perhaps I have 2 not used days, but I don’t know yet if I need them for travels.
What do you think about it? Is there any place to remove or to add?