We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

We have a time share to exchange, and the only AUS destination offered was in Coffs. The date is mid-February. The specific property is not discussed in forums or listed in the hotel ratings. It is Korora Bay Village. The website isn't very detailed. RCI users give it a 4+ rating. We have 24 hours to confirm! Yikes!

We are American and typically vacation in Mexico or Europe, if that matters (I guess you could say our standards are pretty high, but we enjoy local flavor more than pampering). We just want to see AUS once in our lifetime. (Actually, I have been to Sydney on biz for a 4 day visit, but not my wife.)

Edited: 29 December 2009, 21:51
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,804 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

OOH hard question. can't comment on the accom except i would suggest a car might be needed to get around.

I quite like Coffs as a chill out for a few days location but TBH I find it more of a regional centre for the older set and a major service town for the surrounding areas.

it does have some great drives etc up into the Hinterland, some nice nearby beaches and a good restaurant strip at The Jetty.

It is not the sort of place i would choose as a one off destination coming from OS...more of a 2-3 night stop.

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

You don't mention how long you are here for , but Coffs has a lot to offer for site seeing. You need to hire a car to get around, but you can get to some very pretty places quite quickly, the drive along the waterfall way up to Dorrigo is very spectacular going through some very pretty towns, then up the mountain to Dorrigo, which has lots of sites itself.

If you dive the solitary islands marine park have some great diving, with lots of southern coral & fish

Your accommadation would most likely be very good as there is a lot of upmarket resorts in Coffs so they have to compete to get the visitors.

Coffs also boasts some of the prettiest beaches in NSW

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

the town itself (really a small city these days) is a bit ordinary but north south and west there are some lovely places to visit. i would take the opportunity to explore the region. u will definitely need a car. and yes there are some great beaches

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,020 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

The whole north coast of NSW is a destination for many Australian families and personally I don't think you can't go wrong. The scenery in the area is stunning and typical of the east coast of Australia. The Korora Bay will be a nice place to stay and if you get a car, there is heaps of exploring to be done within the region both along the coast and in the hinterland. The beaches are great, the weather will be warm and humid so perfect for making the most of the Australian coastline in summer. Go for it but organise a car and I'm sure you won't regret a visit to the north coast. It's one of the most beautiful destinations in Australia. Depending on the length of your stay, you can either kick back and enjoy the surf and sun or join in at local markets, explore the historic towns in the area and so much more. Try: www.visitcoffsharbour.com/ for more info.

Edited: 29 December 2009, 23:57
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

Coff's isn't my favourite place on the NSW coast, but we've had many short breaks there due to location and convenience. The town itself is not attractive, the beaches are pretty but not brilliant. (comparing to Mexico - if you are used to going to Cancun for eg.) It has a cute little restaurant strip near the Jetty which is also nice, a shopping centre where you can get everything you need, and yes the hinderland west of Coffs is beautiful, if you go definately check out Bellingen and the road to Dorrigo, and even the waterfall way.

If you have a car and time you can check out the coast north and south, not far to Byron Bay, is one of my fav spots!

If its your once in a lifetime chance to visit Oz then do it! Coff's is definately a classic Australian town, you will get a real feel for true blue Aussies!

6. Re: How do you rate Coffs Harbour as a Destination?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 06:19