We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

kirkham
Level Contributor
272 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

Has anyone ideas on the best airline/price from manchester to sydney.

2 of us what to fly october/november buisiness class, i want to get there as quick as possible without a stop or just to refuel. I thought the prices would be around £2500 but they are £3300. I do not travel well and want to get off after 4 hours so i do not know how i am going to manage, so i thought if i paid a bit more and had a seat that fully reclined i would be able to sleep. i thought that there would be offers around now but have been told that the prices could go up!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,458 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

You want to get here as quickly as possibly without a stop but also want to get off after about 4 hours? Hmmm.

Firstly, have a look at the route that the airline will be flying and you'll see where the airline stops - could be somewhere in Asia or even the Middle East, depending on which airline you're flying with. Regardless, I can't think of an airline that doesn't stop somewhere along the route from the UK to Australia and in my experience, it's usually after about 10-12 hours flying time.

Secondly, if you aren't a good flyer, think about getting some herbal remedies from a Homeopath or go to your Dr if you prefer. I don't mind flying at all, but I have difficulty sleeping on a plane so something induce sleep always helps me. If you go down this path, try it at home first so that if you can sort out the dose rate etc.

Thirdly, re the cost - no member of the public really knows what prices will be available after you book your fare. If the business class fares are more that you anticipated paying, you could consider flying Premium Economy - the seats (Qantas) are much better than Economy but they don't recline fully to lie flat. I did manage to get a great sleep when I flew Premium Econonmy in Oct this year and until I had "tested" this, I may not have beleived that paying extra for these seats would have been worth it - but IMO, they most definitely are worth it.

Fourthly, subscribe to several airline sites to receive emails about special deals. Talk to your Travel Agent - they may be aware of something on offer. Google "cheap flights UK to Australia" and see what's available.

Fifthly, unless you are only prepared to fly with one airline, don't rule out the possibility of flying with other carriers.

Google "Seat guru" and check out the best seats in different airlines / planes and see if you can book your chosen seats - don't forget the airline may automatically assign seats so you may not have much choice.

Finally, I recall reading somewhere that Singapore Airlines had a "price guarantee" - if you buy a ticket and the price is subsequently reduced, your ticket price will be reduced accordingly. I don;t know it this offer is still available, but it may be worth checking out and don't forget to read the fine print too.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,592 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

Airfares and flights www.expedia.co.uk

Manchester to Sydney Singapore airlines and Emirates have two stops, and Etihad airways one stop.

Edited: 30 December 2009, 23:53
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,173 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

We were fortunate to get business class "companion fares" because we are over 60 on Emirates, but that stopover in Dubai meant a very long leg Sydney/Dubai and you need to watch the seating arrangements in business as there are limited seats where a couple can sit together, and only in the middle of the plane on the A380. Our fares were about $5500 which is currently a bit over 3000gbp. But a British couple on the plane returning to Australia said they had got a better deal than that.

kirkham
Level Contributor
272 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

Thanks for your replies

When i say i want to get off after 4 hours i mean flying to teneriife etc i get fed up so i am dreading going to australia, but needs must as my son has emigrated and i want to visit.

I have looked at all the airlines that fly to australia and the seat pitch but not sure which is the best. I am not bothered about the food etc just manly the comfort and the length of time. My favorite at the moment is emirates via dubai as it seems to just stop to refuel.I am trying to look at flight times also on what time to leave uk as it is 7 hours to dubai then i would like the rest 13 on a night flight to australia if i can have a good sleep it will not seem so long.

I did not realise that emirates only have limited seats together.

Trying to weigh up the price difference from £800 to £3330 if it is worth it flying business class also.

Would love to hear of experiences of flying to australia and any hints, thanks again

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,173 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

The limited seats together in business is on the A380. To allow the seats to lie flat they slide under a type of bar or console beside the seat in front, so the actual seats are staggered up the plane, as in (going across) window, seat, console, aisle, seat, console, console, seat. aisle, console, seat, window and in the next row window, seat, console, aisle, console, SEAT, SEAT, console, aisle, console, seat, window.

So only every second row has a window seat and only every second row in the middle has two seats together. There is a nice bar at the back where you can meet for a date and of course it does mean no-one has to climb over you to get out. It is fabulous for single travellers of course.

6. Re: Flights manchester to sydney business class oct/nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 05:17