We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

The Skipper of the Hull and Humber, from the round the world clipper race as brokern is leg. The clipper as had to turn around and head for Japan to meet a rescue boat.

The Leader of the race The Spirit of Australia as turned around with her to keep her company, giving up any chance of winning the leg and maybe the race. Thankyou to all on board, and well done Australia.

www.clipperroundtheworld.com

ian480.

Edited: 12 March 2010, 09:07
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,136 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Thanks Ian...hadn't heard that :-))

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Update, The Australia as a A&E consultant doctor on board and is on standby, ready to give medical assistance if required.

ian480.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Thank you for sharing, that's really nice :-) Wishing the Skipper a speedy recovery.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,136 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Not making the news in Oz...we could do with more stories about this type of thing rather than sportstars & their relationship woes ;-)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

I'm with you Mikey. There all overpayed and over sexed. ;-)

ian480.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Agree Mikey. I hadn't seen a thing about it. (Although maybe it was on the SBS news? I should watch that more, such a contrast to the other channels. The story about the relationship breakup of someone who is famous for being famous was the number one story a couple of nights ago. Unbelievable.)

I see the Skipper has now been safely medevaced by the Japanese Coastguard.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Update.

The skipper of Spirit of Australia as been skippering the Hull and Humber for the last 18days and been making a bloody good job of it. So good she as pull back 2 places.

But now the Hull and Humber with the S of A as skipper is now nurse maiding the damaged California the last 1000 miles to San Francisco.

ian480.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

Thanks Ian. I like how although it's a race everyone is in it together and helping each other when needed. I had more of a look around the website. What I didn't realise is the crewmembers are just ordinary people who sign up for one or more stages of the race. What a fantastic experience.

9. Re: Spirit of Australia, Thankyou from a Hullie.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 05:16