We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns to Sydney in seven weeks

1 post
Save Topic
Cairns to Sydney in seven weeks

Me and a friend are travelling from cairns to Sydney next July to august using the oz experience cobber pass.

Is this time frame about right or too long or short?

Is there any places on the way we mustn't miss? We are on a tight budget!!

Thanks

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns to Sydney in seven weeks

This gives you plenty of time. It's good you're doing the Ozexperience -- you will make lots of friends (I took that bus 10 years ago and still have friends from it) and your fellow travellers will be as broke as you are, so you can find affordable activities together and stay at youth hostels. Make sure you stop for a few days in Byron Bay -- on your schedule, you could do a whole week there -- and take a side trip to Nimben while you're there, which is one of the most unique communities on Earth.

If you really have seven weeks, I would consider even going past Sydney, on to Melbourne or Adelaide or even Alice springs. Taking Oz experience up the middle of the country is unbelievable - staying in places like Alice Spring and Cooper Pedy...

Really, 2 weeks is all you really need to go from Cairns to Sydney and smell the roses along the way. I say keep on going beyond Sydney!

2. Re: Cairns to Sydney in seven weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 07:27