We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Airline

Hi everyone, Can any one give some info in any real difference between,VirginBlue and Quantas regarding safety, service, cancellations, etc.?

Thank you in advance for your reply..

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline

1. Qantas will give you something to eat most times and have a baggage allowance without extra charges. Great service etc., 4 star according to skytrax.

2. Virgin Blue would be mid-level. You pay for food, entertainment and checked baggage, but service is great. 4 star according to skytrax.

3. Jetstar would be slightly below Virgin Blue in my opinion. You will still pay for food, entertainment and baggage, but they have a *very* strict check-in policy and if you miss your flight, it's your bad luck. However their prices are normally dirt cheap. 3 star according to skytrax.

Haven't travelled on Tiger or Rex.

I usually fly based on price, so I'm more than happy to choose Jetstar if they're going to offer me a significant saving. If you're more concerned with services, I'd go for Virgin Blue or Qantas.

Also check out the FAQ here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255055-c124168/Austr…

Edited: 14 September 2010, 14:09
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline

As mentioned, when flying domestic go for the best fare, as both airlines are dependable.

www.airlinequality.com

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline

personally never had a problem with Jetstar,chck in with plenty of time,you can always just grab a drink or snack in a cafe while you wait for your flight.

I find their aircraft modern and clean and have experienced some very helpful and friendly cabin crew.

You have to pay for food drink and entertainment,just as you do on Virgin blue.

Ive had flights on time and even early.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline

We flew Qantas international and domestic as well as Jetstar. They were both far better than airlines here in the USA; it reminded me of how flights were back in 1980 !

Safety-wise Qantas, Jetstar, and Virgin Blue have zero fatal accidents, an extremely remarkable record.

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline

Thanks for all the information

6. Re: Airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 06:18