We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Hotels Airport Shuttle Service?

Calif.
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney Hotels Airport Shuttle Service?

We are flying into Sydney this March to leave on a Cruise. Train service from the airport seems very exspensive and as near as I can tell involves a 1 1/2 mile walk to the domestic station. My wife is disabled, so that is out of the question. I have contacted hotels shown to have unspecified shuttle service, but have recieved no answers. Does anyone know of a reasonable hotel, near the docks, that offer airport shuttle? Thanks, Glenn

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Hotels Airport Shuttle Service?

Hi Glenn.

Sydney hotels don't tend to have dedicated shuttles and the private shuttle bus operators don't get the best write-ups.

There are underground train stations at both International and Domestic terminals, not sure where you get the 1.5 mile walk from (unless you're looking at Wolli Creek station which does not levy the station access fee - 'gate pass' - that you have to pay at the airport stations).

If your wife has mobility issues, you'd be best off catching a taxi from the airport to your hotel. The fare will depend on the hour and day you arrive (it can be very slow getting in during the weekday morning peak hours), but when you take into account the need to lug your bags, plus your wife's disability, it will be nearly as economical as two train fares ($30.80 from domestic and $32.40 from international) and far less hassle.

Safe travels.

Calif.
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Hotels Airport Shuttle Service?

I think that is good advice. Its funny, but I FINALLY got an answer from a hotel about 10 mins after posting here. They suggested Alex's Sydney Shuttle for $12 OW each. Know anything about that? (no website that I could find)

Kind regards, Glenn

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Hotels Airport Shuttle Service?

Here's one Trip Report that mentions Alex's (and apparently not adversely):

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k4…

Being a local, I use taxis or the train. I can only reiterate that there's a lot of less-than-complimentary feedback here on Tripadvisor about shuttles from Sydney Airport. And then there's the issue of multiple drop-offs before you reach your destination, buses not showing up, etc.

Cheers.

4. Re: Sydney Hotels Airport Shuttle Service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 10:19