We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping a Suitcase from Melbourne to London- CHEAPEST?

LONDON UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping a Suitcase from Melbourne to London- CHEAPEST?

Hi

What is the cheapest way to send a medium sized suitcase full of clothes and travel finds back home to London from Australia.

I was quoted between $230-300 at those excess baggage companies that send it via seamail talking 9-12 weeks, that seems like a lots for such a long time on delivery.

i need to send it from Australia and I am travelling through Asia for a few months on my way home and can't carry a big suitcase all around Asia with me.

I could put it all in a box and mail it via seamail myself it just seems like a lot??

Any one have any advice on this?

Thank you

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping a Suitcase from Melbourne to London- CHEAPEST?

Hi, Never a cheap option. Australia Post will cost you about $200 for 20kg, sea mail.

I would buy a cheap suitcase and send home the clothes/items in smaller boxes, so you don't have to pay for the cost of sending the suitcase. Then take the suitcase to the Thrift shop.

Or, pack clothes you don't care so much about and put them in the thrift shop bin as you leave.

2. Re: Shipping a Suitcase from Melbourne to London- CHEAPEST?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2013, 10:28