We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours in New Zealand and Australia

Lexington, Kentucky
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day tours in New Zealand and Australia

Planning aFebruary/March 2013 cruise - need information about tour companies that are competent/reliable/affordable. Most will be one day tours so time is important. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tours in New Zealand and Australia

You will need to give us a bit more information. Do you mean day tours when the ship is in port in New Zealand and Australia? What cities is the ship docking in, and how long will you have in each port? What sorts of things do you enjoy doing/seeing?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tours in New Zealand and Australia

Would have thought your cruise ship took care of all 'day trips' when in port. Be aware that the port of Lyttleton (for Christchurch) was damaged by earthquakes and cruise ships are using Akaroa. This is a lovely little township but it is an hour's ride by coach to get in to christchurch (stunning views on the way though).

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,694 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tours in New Zealand and Australia

I might be wrong but I get the impression that some people like to shop around rather than be tied to what the cruise line offers in the way of tours at the ports of call, and I think cost can be a factor.

lmw512, don't forget to post on the New Zealand forum as well, it's a separate country, I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious but the couple we met at a B&B in Christchurch seemed not to know what country they were in (I probably would have forgotten that by now if they hadn't proceeded to give us a rather argumentative geography lesson).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tours in New Zealand and Australia

hi,

As others mentioned you need to give more details regarding what cities / ports are you arriving into. What do you want to see & how long do you have ??

5. Re: Day tours in New Zealand and Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 10:17