We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin, sydney to USA

Sydney Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Virgin, sydney to USA

What is Virgin International like from Australia to New York?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,627 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin, sydney to USA

I don't know about a connection from LAX to NY, but I found Virgin Australia to be quite good SYD to LAX return just recently and would definitely fly with them again.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin, sydney to USA

Same as Frommy... we flew VAustralia ( which I'm assuming you're talking about? ) Brisbane to LA back in '09 and found them to be great. The flight attendants were very attentive, constantly coming around with fruit, water etc.

I think the LA to NYC leg would be with a codeshare partner... which I think is Delta or Virgin America. We flew Delta a couple of times and had no problems.

I would definitely fly with them again if the price was right... last time we flew Qantas and they also were good.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
342 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin, sydney to USA

We used them in January to fly to LA and were really happy with them, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin, sydney to USA

i'll go against general opinion here.

seats too hard for a 14 hour journey.

ife very modern but a pain in the backside when the guy is playing games in the seat behind you and continually punching the back of your seat.

and a small thing but checking in at T3 in lax to come home is pretty dire.

wouldn't fly them again...my coxic couldn't stand the strain.

5. Re: Virgin, sydney to USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 10:18