We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

san Francisco
14 posts
Save Topic
Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

Hello,

I have posted this on the Cambodia forum and am posting it here to see if I can reach out to more people.

We are planning a 2 month trip to Australia, New Zealand, one place in Samoa, Cambodia, Bali, Vietnam and Thailand.

We will be leaving from San Francisco.

We will be spending an entire month in Australia and New Zealand, and seeing a place or two in the remaining countries the 2nd month.

We are on a budget, and we are trying to save costs starting with the airfare.

I have been looking at the oneWorld and GlobalExplorer options, but would like to see if there are other options/alliances that will help us save money.

Thanks in advance.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

star alliance have a circle pacific fare.

staralliance.com/en/…

san Francisco
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

Thank you Lien. I will take a look.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

alternatively your fare to Australia with the right airlines could come with a NZ stop over included....then you could fly with numerous LCC's ex Aust to (and about ) SE Asia....Jetstar have flights to Vietnam, Scoot and Air Asia will take you to Thailand, (and with Air Asia most anywhere in Asia) via Singapore or Kaula Lumpur. That just leaves fitting in Samoa.

australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

also if you do stop in NZ enroute to Aust, try to get the onward flight into Aust out a different city to where you arrive in NZ (most probably Auckland) as this will save time back tracking and and try to arrive in the Austrlian city furtherst north or south on your plan and depart the other extreme point..

san Francisco
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

Thank you dev1236. These are definitely great options. I will in addition to the star alliance compare fares given the LCC option.

australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

Just as a guide the past 3 years I have flown Aust-Malaysia return for about $400 each tim4. With all these deals early booking is the secret and get onto their email lists so you are first to be notified on the frequent sale prices they offer - there are rarely cheap last minute flights.

7. Re: Airfare options SouthEast Asia-Australia-New Zealand-Samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:19