We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in March

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in March

I have about 10 days after visiting Japan and a friend suggested to visit Australia (maybe my only chance to go). So having look at the major cities March seems to be one of the wettest months of the year. I really want to visit Sydney so I am considering 3 days there but not sure where else to consider. My reason for the weather concerns is that I am a very keen photographer and don't want to visit somewhere if there is a high possibility of wet weather. I would love to visit the GBR but again March seems to be the wet season. Can somebody suggest somewhere to visit in March with good photo opportunities and a good change of good weather.

Many Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,496 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in March

How about the outback? Try Alice Springs and Uluru. The photo opportunities there are endless, from red earth and rocks right through to pristine water holes and palm valleys. The weather will be perfect in March.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in March

I wouldn't put "Wet," "March"and "Perth" in the same sentence...

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in March

no one can predict the weather.

if u didn't go to places be cause of the "possibility" of wet weather u wouldn't be going anywhere.

sydney has plenty of fine days in march.

on the other hand in NQ, it's the 'wet' so the chances are it will be. but as the residents of that area always like to remind us here, some years it just doesn't happen.

stick to the south and centre of the country and u should be fine.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in March

Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and Perth are just to name a few areas that experience generally, a dry (and warm/hot) March. But as has been said, who can predict the weather.

Mentioned in this post
Tasmania
Tasmania
Australia
5. Re: 10 days in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 06:15