We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australia Honeymoon - where to go?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Australia Honeymoon - where to go?

Hi All,

I am currently trawling through some travel brochures as me and my fiancé are looking to go on our honeymoon to Australia in October. We have so far set our hearts on Queensland as we'd like to see the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Islands and Daintree Forest as it all looks so beautiful. However I have been looking a bit further into the Aussie brochures and am now also tempted with Perth.

Has anyone seen both these parts of Australia? I'd love to hear some opinions on which place people prefer? We are hoping to get away to have a really relaxing time, so beautiful beaches are a must, but at the same time we would get VERY bored without adventurous things to do as we'll as we love hiking, swimming and generally seeing nature/wildlife.

Any opinions/advice would be great!

Franklin River Nature Trail
Bodies of Water, Hiking Trails, Forests, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Cradle Mountain
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Mountains, Forests, Waterfalls
Mait's Rest
Hiking Trails, Forests
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,116 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australia Honeymoon - where to go?

Hi Ozzycee,

it will be easier for people to give you advice if you give them some idea of what time of year you would be travelling and how long you have to spend in Australia.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australia Honeymoon - where to go?

Hi Snodge,

As I said in my original post we are going in October. We would be looking at spending about 2 weeks there.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Australia Honeymoon - where to go?

For 2 weeks you could certainly visit both the GBR & Perth & it is a good time of year as it is for many parts of the country.

4. Re: Australia Honeymoon - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 05:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now