We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Work with Working Holiday visa

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Work with Working Holiday visa

Hey,

My name is David, 25 yo. Im on my big trip around to world and planning to get Australia in March.

I have working holiday visa, and im looking for some sea/marine job for about 3 months.

It can be on diving/ marine research / as a boat crew, etc..

Im certified skipper for sailing and motor boats ( up to 24 m long), Scuba diver, and providing first aid.

1.where should I go in Australia for this kind of job?

2. Can anyone help me find a job? =)

Thanks a lot!

David.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Work with Working Holiday visa

Hi David,

Your post may be zapped as TA only allows travel ( not employment) topics, so I'll just hop in quickly.

I immediately thought of the North & West - with your skill set, there would probably be openings in the resort / Great Barrier Reef areas around Cairns & the Whitsundays & WA. That said, we're a biggish island (lol) and great water & boat lovers, so there could be opportunities in all the coastal areas.

You might have a look at www.seek.com.au

Good contacts at local sailing & boat clubs - they all welcome visitors and if nothing else, you'll get a sail & meet some like minded people.

What's your first port of call?

Good luck & have a great trip!

Edited: 08 February 2013, 19:52
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Work with Working Holiday visa

You mentioned marine research also.

Try contacting the Australian Maritime College in Tasmania. They'll probably be able to assist you with your enquiries.

3. Re: Work with Working Holiday visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 06:15