We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do we go

Canberra
Level Contributor
4 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Where do we go

My husband and I recently enjoyed several days staying at the south coast NSW Australia. We had apartment type accommodation within a small boutique motel. We loved this type of accommodation, right on the water, within minutes of the restaurants and shopping center. It meant we could park the car and not have to drive, just walk to the restaurants for lunch or dinner, walk around the town and along the beach or sit on our balcony and enjoy the view.

We are hoping to have many more trips like this, where the accommodation is great, the views are better and the restaurants are close by. We don't want something secluded, we want to be able to walk around and see the town or drive to nearby attractions. Can anyone please suggest venues of this type in Australia.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do we go

You sound like a kindred spirit to my brother... and the polar opposite to me incidentally. My brother's favourite place is Byron Bay.. I can't give you a specific property but I'm sure if you have a look you will find something central where no car is required.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do we go

Byron would be ok but don't stay out late. It is now the unofficial violence capital of NSW. What about Burliegh Heads or Kingscliffe

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do we go

Noosa

Port Douglas

Sorrento

4. Re: Where do we go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 05:15