We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in september

Ramat Gan, Israel
7 posts
Save Topic
Traveling in september

Hi, i'm taking a month of work in september and want to travel australia.

my plan is to land in sydney, spend a few days there and then rent a car or travel by bus to byron bay, maybe spend a few weeks there surfing and chillin on the beach.

I have two main concerns:

a. what will the weather be like? i hope it's sunny.

b. will i be able to enjoy these two places in only one month?

Money isn't a problem, i don't care how much it costs as long as it will be worth it. I'll be happy to know what you think if you've been there, even better if you're a local. Maybe you can also recommend a good festival\concert happening in september?

thanks!

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,736 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in september

You will certainly be able to enjoy both Sydney & Byron Bay in a month. The distance between the 2 is just under 800 Kms. September is Spring and the weather can still be a bit "iffy". Temperatures are generally in the low 20's, but there is no guarantee it will be consistently sunny. Having said that though, there should be plenty of sunny days to keep you happy.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in september

September will be Spring ... there is no guarantee about the weather especially at that time of year. It could be very cool to warm during the day ... up to 22dg , possibly. The nights will be very cool to cold. Someone from a cool climate may find it warm but the locals won't.

bom.gov.au/climate/…201209.sydney.shtml

Here's a link to the years events in Byron.

http://www.byron-bay.com/events/

And a month is pretty much plenty of time.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling in september

The above posts have got it right with regard to weather.September is supposed to be one of the dryer months for us,but it does'nt always work that way. I'd hire a car if I were you, that way you won't just be confined to Byron. Byron Bay and surrounds have some of the best surfing beaches in the world,so chilling out on the beach is'nt going to be a problem. Byron by day is a vibrant,lively town but by night it CAN turn violent. Too much alcohol,too many drugs or a combination of both and it soon becomes volatile. I don't want to put you off your holiday,but in Byron by night my advice would be to keep your head down

Ramat Gan, Israel
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling in september

Thanks everyone!!

Appreciate the advice, i'll be carefull... and i think i'll rent a car, i heard lennox head is awesome as well, so i guess i'll just tour all the surrounding beaches.

Edited: 11 April 2013, 13:02
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling in september

you can do what I did and sign up to BBM Live's newsletter (here http://www.bbmlive.com/getinvolved.html), you get Oz events, things to see/do, advice on travel/visas etc straight to your inbox, which just makes life easier

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,716 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling in september

rehtse21 #5, if you are a happy customer why not post a Trip Report, recommending a website does not seem to address this query specifically.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling in september

oh I did not know about those, I literally just joined haha! But thank you :)

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,716 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling in september

>>I literally just joined haha!<< found a not particularly relevant thread and posted nothing more than a suggestion to go to another website.

9. Re: Traveling in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 07:17