We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asiarooms.com

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
asiarooms.com

I like to what experiences anyone has had with asiarooms.com. I have never used them before and don't know anyone who has. They seem to have the lowest rates. Are the reputable?

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: asiarooms.com

I tried to book with them for New Year's in Sydney last year. It said rooms were available, but they emailed me later to say that they weren't available, and would I like them to search around for nearby hotels for me. I turned them down on the offer and found another hotel on Qantas' site.

That's my only experience with them, sorry!

Woodford, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: asiarooms.com

I used Asiarooms once a couple of years back and didn't have any problem. Not much of a sample though. In SE Asia I now use asia-hotels.com exclusively and recommend them highly.

To get low rates in Aust I wouldn't use any asia... web site. The asian sites consistently, in my experience, have few places and higher prices. I would use an Aust web site like wotif or quickbeds or even better ring the hotel direct. International calls don't cost much and if they don't quote a good rate it sometimes helps to mention rates I've picked up off web sites.

Cheers skip

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: asiarooms.com

I haven't used them, but a few people on the Bali forum have.

These are the complaints I've heard (from a few people): You have to give your credit card number in order to make an inquiry. But then they'll come back and say the price they quoted is no longer valid, and the price is actually higher. If you decide that the new price is too high, they've already put a hold on the funds and you have to either call the credit card company to have the hold released, or wait until it expires. One person tried to make 2 reservations, first one came back too high, so she tried another one, which also came back too high. By this point, asiarooms had put a hold on her card for both hotels, and eaten up her whole limit, so she couldn't book anything else until she called the credit card company.

They also require full payment up front. So if you have to cancel, you have to try and get a refund out of them, which might be difficult.

But I haven't heard of any problems after booking, like the hotel not having your reservations.

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: asiarooms.com

I appreciate all your comments. I made a reservation on asiarooms two days ago and received an email from them saying that my reservation was being processed but not yet confirmed. Hopefully there will be no problems. I will let you know.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: asiarooms.com

It depends also where you are going, I always go to Asiaoz.com and look for the choices, Asia websites or the Australian ones.

6. Re: asiarooms.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 15:18