We’re planning our honeymoon and would like to spend around 20 days between Australia and New Zealand.
This is our first time visiting both countries and we are interested more in exploring the culture/city life and enjoying the natural beauty in the optimal way than engaging in any sporty or adventurous activities.
During our trip, we are interested in spending our time doing a combination of the following activities:
• Fine dining/cafes/local cuisines in or overlooking scenic nature/sea views/harbors
• Leisurely walks in dynamic big cities, artsy small towns and scenic natural surroundings
• Attending cultural events: theaters, music, art galleries, museums, etc.
• Short day trips to must-see locations
• Some shopping
• We want the trip to take a relatively leisurely pace and thereby avoid crowding too much cities and things to do all at once
• We will not be driving and are thinking of relying on walking, public transport and tour operators
• Which cities should we visit, in what sequence and how many days to spend in each?
• What is the best travel mode within and between these cities?
• What are the major must-sees/must do’s in each city given the nature of our trip?
Many thanks in advance for any tips and hints.