We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire UK in oct 2013 why so many discrepancies in rental

Perth, Western...
1 post
Save Topic
car hire UK in oct 2013 why so many discrepancies in rental

Trying to rent a vehicle in UK for 8 days pricing for same car ranges from $475-$925??? Why

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire UK in oct 2013 why so many discrepancies in rental

This is the Australia forum. YOu should post in the UK forum here tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186216-i15-Unit… However the simple answer is because its different companies with different conditions, then some will just be cheaper than other, somes some will have some types of insurance included, others wont, etc etc.

Plus of course some will probably be "come ons" from third party companies which dont exist in reality or dont have tax added, and others will be dirt cheap from companies that if you read the many complaints about, you'd never rent from.

I'd be sure I'd find the same difference between cars and many other items in Australia.

But, head over to the the UK forum where you should ask your question as its about the UK.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,984 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire UK in oct 2013 why so many discrepancies in rental

Equally, in Perth why is Bayswater so much cheaper than Avis or Hertz?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,396 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire UK in oct 2013 why so many discrepancies in rental

>>>Equally, in Perth why is Bayswater so much cheaper than Avis or Hertz?<<<

If I had to guess, I would think it comes down to certain franchise models they have to adhere to, and the major players would have a whole bunch of considerations to keep within a global business strategy. The smaller fish have less to implement, less overheads and less to maintain brand consistency.

4. Re: car hire UK in oct 2013 why so many discrepancies in rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:18