We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go with a camper van

Yakima, Washington
Level Contributor
90 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go with a camper van

Looking at a 2 week rental. But where? Darwin to Alice Springs? Darwin to Broome? Alice Springs to Cairns. Just around Darwin? Just around Cairns? Other? Advice on choice sought.

Oz
Level Contributor
12,168 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go with a camper van

Hi,

Why? What are your interests? What are your must dos?

A one way rental surcharge will make your eyes water!

Cheers,

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go with a camper van

Hi Yakima, of the choices you've listed I'd go for Darwin/Alice. If I had two weeks in a motorhome, at a destination of my choice, I would opt for Tasmania every time. And no one way rental

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,996 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go with a camper van

It is a big question. Your question further depends on what season you are travelling.

No point of doing Darwin to Broome in wet season etc.

Yakima, Washington
Level Contributor
90 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go with a camper van

Planing on June/July next year so staying north. One way rentals seemed an extra $250 to $500. We like hiking and out door activities of all sorts. Suggestions?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go with a camper van

If you are planning for June/July the consider doing Cairns to Brisbane coastal route, see link below for additional info.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18251-Brisbane…

There are plenty of wonderful attractions along the way ie.. Mission Beach / Bowen / Whitsundays / Magnetic Island / Town of 1770 / Noosa - perfect for 2 weeks hols,

6. Re: Where to go with a camper van

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:16