We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Barrier Reef Resorts

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Great Barrier Reef Resorts

Looking for a special, luxurious Great Barrier Reef resort for 3 female friends celebrating their 50th birthdays in 2014. I imagine most of the luxury resorts are more geared toward couples so particularly interested in any luxury resorts that might have rooms/suites with multiple beds/bedrooms. Thanks.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Barrier Reef Resorts

Hi Kaffy12,

Consider Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays, where you will find plenty of luxury apartments. I particularly like the Yacht Club Villas which have 3-4 bedrooms and are a fine example of understate elegance, IMHO.

Hayman is worth enquiring about too, as they have suites and do cater for families, so they have to provide suitable bedding - it's not all couples.

There are also forums for Queensland, the Great Barrier Reef, and the islands individually, so you might get more targeted responses if you repost your query there. Good luck!

I hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Queensland
Queensland
Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,098 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Barrier Reef Resorts

Budget?

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Barrier Reef Resorts

Thanks for the info.

4. Re: Great Barrier Reef Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:24