We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Webjet

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Webjet

I recently booked a flight for 6 people through webjet. Uneventful and was confirmed.

That was until the next day when they rang and said the flights had more than doubled. If we wanted the same flight we would have to pay the difference. Has anyone ever had such poor service from webjet??

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Webjet

why didn't you book direct with the airline

no advantage getting tangled up with a third party paying them to rip you off

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Webjet

I often use 3rd party sites as have had better prices and plus can pick and choose airlines (there with one, back with another all in one place). Not always the case price wise but do compare through several avenues before booking as figure I may as well get the lowest price for the same seat.

However, just attempted to use Webjet today for the first time (again, was cheaper vs travel agent and airline direct). Had the worst customer service on some extremely urgent fares (I was booking for 5 in this case). Despite booking online I received a message to say they could not be confirmed. Could not get through via phone and live chat representative just kept apologising but was not in the right dept to be able to help so could only email them as I have done. Very long story and apparently some things need do be done manually so not all flights are confirmed as booked - ended up ringing airline direct and spending an extra $200.

This is the first time in over 25 years of travelling frequently myself, plus I have my travel agent cert so also get called upon to make travel arrangements for friends, that I have ever experienced anything like this.

At the end of our "chat" and me cancelling the booking (lets hope I don't still get charged) he asked if there was anything else he could help with today!!!

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Webjet

Would just like to add that "online chat" could not confirm there were even seats available with my booking (despite them being available to book) but could confirm the price was guaranteed if booked within the 30mins timeframe, which is a contradiction to your experience welltravellddd

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,048 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Webjet

>>>Would just like to add that "online chat" could not confirm there were even seats available with my booking (despite them being available to book) but could confirm the price was guaranteed if booked within the 30mins timeframe, which is a contradiction to your experience welltravellddd<<<

No it doesn't contradict at all.

They will not confirm load availability because of potential lag between conversation and actual booking - then the consumer will blame Webjet. In addition, the 30 min price guarantee you were offered for your particular sectors may not apply to every flight route available. Might have been a sale.

As for you cobbling together trips using multiple agents in different directions, goodluck with that. If anything happens to the flights - chances, cancellations, IDB, no airline will help you.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Webjet

Sorry, you have not understood me properly. Only just noticed this reply. I had made the "actual booking", it came back after that saying they were not confirmed. As said, this is my first experience of that. In any other situation selecting flights and entering credit card details secures the flight. Also the 30 min price guarantee - the reason I question that as strange is that, again, I had ALREADY booked and entered credit card details.

Re using different methods of booking flights, all flights have or have not guarantees when booking. I am an experienced traveller and make decisions based on the appropriateness of that and what connections I have in place. I do not take unnecessary risk nor have I had any problems whatsoever. Please don't assume.

6. Re: Webjet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 05:07
7. Re: Webjet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:15