We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

Abbotsford, New...
12 posts
Save Topic
Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

Has anybody heard of these guys? They are an online company (www.getaboutoz.com)

They gave me 3 quotes from different suppliers and what caught my eye was a Hippie Camper Deluxe for $60 cheaper then renting it directly from Hippie. How can they offer a cheaper price then the supplier? Is this legit?

Sydney
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

Special_Kaay: I was going to use them for a trip to Darwin but my missus broke her foot! They seemed to be pretty cheap and matched some quotes i had

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

Yes they are legit, I booked an All Seasons camper van with them to travel up the east coast. They are an agent so most likely can discount off the retail rate. Like webjet and flight centre do with flights from the various airlines etc.

If you are looking for a quote I would highly recommend checking them out before forking out a few hundred dollars on a rental.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,806 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

I doubt their credibility. The principal of the company is forever on this forum touting, so it's hard to believe anything said about them here - especially from first-time posters. It's all just a bit suss to me.

However, cheaper seems to be a synonym for better these days.

Caveat emptor.

4. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 18:45
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

Well said Luigi. Btw I found the use of the word "Deluxe" in this context amusing.

Auckland, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

I booked my campervan through them. They really know the campervan market, I was impressed how many options I had. First they tried to find out what I wanted and then gave me some options & recommendations. I did some research before myself but they were by far the cheapest. Also what helped me quite a bit is that they had German staff there, so I had no language barriers. I had a wonderful time in Queensland with my camper and for my next trip around the west coast, I definitely get back to them! Thanks again!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,806 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

Welcome to TripAdvisor forums, diereiselustige. Good to see you had no problems finding this thread, having just joined TripAdvisor today.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,578 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

I'm suprised someone from New Zealand has language barrier concerns.

9. Re: Campervan Renting Experience from GetAboutOZ - Melb to Syd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:16