We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Travel Insurance

i have googled a lot of travel Insurance and the best quote I got was $100 AUS Post. Travelling (2 people) to Vietnam for 15 days? Any ideas or help?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance

$100 for 15 days in Vietnam looks alright to me. Vietnam is a high cost area in case of a medical or injury problem as you would probably be evacuated to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance

thank you

I'll keep looking though

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,545 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance

If you have a platinum CC you may be entitled to free travel insurance. Check it out. We had excellent service from ANZ Platinum when Nick was hospitalised OS.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,774 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance

Insurance is not about the price ! Its about ensuring that the specific policy you are choosing covers your for the type of holiday you are taking and for what you want covered - ie lost baggage, medical etc

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,190 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance

I've used Aust Post travel insurance a few time its underwritten by one of the major underwriters and appears to be a quality product at a reasonable price. You just need to have a good look at the PDS and make up your own mind.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Insurance

Spending a few extra dollars is far cheaper than spending thousands of dollars if something goes wrong. Look at what you want covered and pay by that not what is cheapest.

As another post said, check with who your credit card is with and if you have private health insurance check with them too.

I don't have any other insurance with them but highly recommend Alianz for travel insurance. Competitive prices, covers lots of things and pays out more than other companies for the many things

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,545 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Insurance

The CC option is a real and worthwhile option if you have no or minor pre-existing conditions. For ANZ Platinum you only need to pay for I think $250 overseas costs on the card plus have a return ticket. There are full details on-line.

For major pre-existing conditions it is not useful and this next trip we need to look elsewhere at about $800. But much better than landing up in a US hospital for several thousands a day or needing evacuation home from rural France.

8. Re: Travel Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 06:21