We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

Manila,Philippines
2 posts
Save Topic
Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

Hi there...Planning to spend New Year celebration in Sydney.. What is a good itinerary for a 9 day trip...inclusive of Brisbane and Gold Coast.Suggestions for travel by train from cities is most welcome.... Looking forward to your repliesnto my inquiry....thank you

Regina, Philippines

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,285 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

Hi,

It sounds lovely, but my concern is that for a 9 day trip, you won't have very much time to fit in a train trip - unless of course it's the train from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

My preference to cover those three cities would be 4 days sydney, 3 days Gold Coast 2 days Brisbane. As flying between Sydney and Brisbane would be the best - an open jaw Manilla - Sydney, then Brisbane - Manilla would work for you. Then you can purchase a domestic Sydney - Brisbane.

I'm assuming this is for 2014?

Edited: 12 October 2013, 06:10
Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
674 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

Another vote for flying. Your time here is so limited.

Manila,Philippines
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

Thank you for your speedy reply to my inquiry KVE1005 .... I will take note of the adjustment in my timetable..You are right in assuming that it is the train ride from Brisbane to the Gold Coast that I had in mind....was also planning to do that from the GC to Sydney.....spend New Year's Eve there and fly back to MNL on Jan 4....

I would appreciate info on what type of train or land travel service from these destinations

A) Brisbane to the Gold Coast

b) GC to Sydney

Planning family vacations out of the country sure is a challenge.... :-)

Thank you too BuckBrisbane...:-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

Hi,

Have you booked your hotel for NYE in Sydney ??

Another vote for flying from GC to Sydney - Coolangatta Airport. www.jetstar.com.au www.qantas.com.au www.virginblue.com.au

If you want to catch a bus - www.greyhound.com.au

For train - www.railmaps.com.au/journey_results.php…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,285 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

Hi,

EM's question is the single most important - especially if you're planning for NYE this year. All your plans will involve whether you can FT suitable accommodation, otherwise all other details will become irrelevant.

So is it for New Years this year or 2014?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

With such limited time for your visit flying between Sydney and Brisbane/Gold Coast is probably best.

Check the rail timetables for GC/Sydney and the fares www.nswtrainlink.info You are advised that overnight travel should only be taken in a sleeping compartment for reasons of comfort.

Edited: 12 October 2013, 11:42
7. Re: Sydney -Brisbane- Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:18