We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking overnight in Sydney

Bristol, England...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Parking overnight in Sydney

Hi,

I've just arrived in Sydney with a van I can sleep in (which I was hoping to have sold by now) so I'm looking for recommendations of any places I can 'camp' in it overnight within an hour of the city.

Some facilities I.e. Toilets, shower would be great but as always my budget is limited so I can forego luxuries for a decent camping spot where I'm not going to get fined for parking/sleeping overnight.

Thanks in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking overnight in Sydney

Lane Cove is a beautiful location that easily within reach of the city.

…nsw.gov.au/lane-cove-national-park/…camping

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking overnight in Sydney

Are you just looking to park it or also have a bit of a camping holiday?

I love Royal National Park and Bundeena ... almost moved there once. It's a lovely spot and right by the beach. …nsw.gov.au/royal-national-park/…camping

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking overnight in Sydney

+1 vote for Lane Cove.

An easy commute into the city from there - although the park is so wonderful you may not want to leave.

Bristol, England...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking overnight in Sydney

Thanks for this, lone cove looks stunning but at $38 a night for an unpowered pitch it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. I'll just be sleeping there. Any other suggestions?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking overnight in Sydney

Whilst understandable about budget, copping a ticket is going to triple your cost, or worse still having your car confiscated, or worse, parking in a dodgy unauthorized area and potentially risking your well being by sleeping there...

In addition, the further you go, the further you travel to the city. I guess it's up to how much your time is worth in dollar value,

Edited: 08 November 2013, 06:26
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,508 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking overnight in Sydney

Take a chance that you won't be booked. Circular Quay is very central. :)

7. Re: Parking overnight in Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:16