We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget honeymoon destination

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Topic
Budget honeymoon destination

Hi can anyone tell me nice honeymoon destination with alps n beaches to go in May 2014????

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget honeymoon destination

no alps in australia

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget honeymoon destination

plenty of beaches in Australia... for honeymoon - Port Douglas Queensland.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget honeymoon destination

OK, few of things here.

1) We don't have alps in Australia. We have mountains, hills, ranges and a very big rock.

2) For us to help you (remember we are volunteers not travel agents!) you need to give us a lot more information. How long are you coming for? How many places do you want to visit whilst here? Do you want to get around by car or by public transport? What is it that you want to do in the "alps" - climb them, ski them or just admire them? May isn't the best time for beaches - do you just want to see them or do you want to swim, snorkel, dive etc?

When you say budget do you have a figure in mind? Some places are more than expensive than others so giving us an idea of what you want to spend on accommodation per night and an idea of how much spending money per day means we can give you better ideas. Also telling us what sort of accommodation you are after will help.

Please provide more information.

3) You really need to do some research about Australia. The very fact that you think we have alps (this is Australia not Austria) means that you need to find out more about our fantastic country so you can have the best possible time when you get here. Start by having a look at the top questions on the right hand side, get a guide book, I highly recommend 'Australia' by Lonely Planet. Also, Google is also your friend! Start with www.australia.com and www.tourism.australia.com and then look at the tourism websites of the places you want to visit.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,715 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget honeymoon destination

If by alpine you mean snowy mountains then May is too early for reliable snow. The nearest beaches to the mountains are quite some distance away from the mountains and are too cold for swimming in May. For warm beaches in May you must go much further.

What amount of time do you have? How many destinations do you want to visit? What sort of holiday experiences are you after? What are your main priorities? Can you drive if necessary? How strict is your budget?

Edit: I didn't see Ktsnowowl's post while I was typing. Yes, we really do need more from you :-)

Edited: 27 November 2013, 08:16
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,715 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget honeymoon destination

Just to be clear. Edit: I didn't see Ktsnowowl's post while I was typing. Yes, we really do need more from you SINSICA :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,433 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget honeymoon destination

Before we all poo poo the OP this is the government website for the high plains

http://www.australianalps.environment.gov.au

WE do have Alps, and they are referred to as Alps in many contexts (alps are a high mountain so the snowies are considered to be alps) anything above a snowline is an Alp

The logical progression for beaches and alps would be south coast of NSW and Northern Coast of Victoria

7. Re: Budget honeymoon destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:19