We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day itinerary in WA?

5 posts
Save Topic
5 day itinerary in WA?

Found a cheap flight to go to Perth around early february. After a few days in perth I would like to visit margaret river and other places like esperance. The places all seem so far away and I cant hire a car because I dont have my full license. I love public transport like trains though, best way to spend 5 days 5 nights there?

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,477 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day itinerary in WA?

Esperance is an eight hour drive from Perth, you'll need a car - not a feasible trip with only five days. Margaret River is a three hour drive, you'll also need a car (or take some sort of tour).

Do be aware that February is generally godawful hot - it's the month I personally would rather be anywhere else but WA.

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Margaret River
Margaret River
Margaret River Region, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day itinerary in WA?

Alright esperance is not possible, might have to be 5 days in perth but then 5 days might be more than enough as it isnt a big city.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,837 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day itinerary in WA?

I think you will be able to fill your five days in Perth, especially if you spend a day at Rottnest. Have a look at the trip reports and at the WA tourism website

westernaustralia.com/au/Pages/Welcome_to_Wes…

Unfortunately a couple of places like Caversham Wildlife Park and the Swan Valley in general, and AQWA will be difficult to access by public transport.

Mentioned in this post
Caversham Wildlife Park
Caversham Wildlife Park
1,400 Reviews
Whiteman, Australia
AQWA
AQWA
723 Reviews
Hillarys, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,477 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 day itinerary in WA?

Maybe it's just me, but I think a city of 1.8 million is pretty big.

You'll have no trouble filling five days in Perth/Fremantle. There's plenty to do, but as YF mentioned, not having a car will limit your options.

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
5. Re: 5 day itinerary in WA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 06:19