We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel insurance

Has anyone used Worldcare Travel Insurance for travelling overseas ?

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel insurance

An over-60 friend recommended World Nomad Travel Insurance. However, I discovered Hypertension (high blood pressure) is not covered as a pre-existing medical condition. Surprising since it's common with over-60's and is rarely life-threatening when controlled by medication. I have checked with a few other travel insurers and I can't find this restriction but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Is anyone aware of a travel insurer I can use with confidence?

Mentioned in this post
Nomad
Nomad
644 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,762 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel insurance

The way that insurance is regulated in Australia means that you can have confidence that any company will provide the cover detailed in the policy document. The only way you can find out whether a particular policy is suitable for you is to download the policy document and read it carefully.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel insurance

Re; Travel insurance We receantly used alliance in bali when our daughter become ill no complaints we had policy No and the international hospital done it all,have looked into credit cards insurance only one main problem if you or couple become ill when overseas who faxes the documents to them and if you miss one document (no cover) have been in touch with underwriter(zuric) in regards to this if possible to get confermation before departing thay will not do it ,so beware its possible to be caught out ,if thay were above board (banks and zuric) why not conferm before departure no probs faxing documents in aussie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel insurance

Travel insurance ,We receantly used alliance in bali when our daughter was admited to the international hospital no complaints had policy No and the hospital done it all,,have looked into credit card insurance which has one main problem you have to take all documents with you ,so when you or a couple become ill thay have to be faxed to zuric the underwriter for all bank travel insurance to be approved so if you miss one document ,or you are to ill what happens ,I have been in touch with zuric in aussie and asked if thay would confirm in aussie before departure,thay will not ,only when you become ill overseas .so beware why wont the banks and zuric do so

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,762 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Travel insurance

>>have looked into credit card insurance which has one main problem you have to take all documents with you ,so when you or a couple become ill thay have to be faxed to zuric the underwriter for all bank travel insurance to be approved so if you miss one document<<

This may perhaps be true with your card, although I suspect you have misunderstood the requirements. It is certainly not true with the ANZ Platinum Visa that I hold.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Travel insurance

Nor mine.

17. Re: Travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:15