We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australia and NZ in 5 weeks

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Australia and NZ in 5 weeks

Hi! I plan to travel with my friends for 5 weeks in Australia and NZ. We plan to arrive to Sydney on Dec 29th/30th stay in Sydney for New Year. After that any suggestion is welcomed! I would like to visit the Great Barrier Reef but I've been told January is not the best time to go there? Also it is an option to fly from point a to point b. Regarding NZ, I was thinking 2 weeks to visit hobbiton :) and do some tracking... Any help is more than welcomed!!!

Thank you! :D

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australia and NZ in 5 weeks

Recently spent 9 days in NZ - North Island only. Loved, loved Hobbiton! It's so 'authentic' (if something imaginary can actually be called authentic). Book your Hobbiton tour if possible as it gets very busy. If you're adventurous, try the Caving experience at Waitomo caves - so much fun and more interesting/exciting than the simple boat tour through the caves.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,664 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australia and NZ in 5 weeks

Hi,

You will need to book your NYE accommodation well ahead of time as it's very busy in Sydney. Do not leave it to the last minute as you won't get a room.

Jan / Feb is the worst months to travel to the GBR due to the stinger & cyclone season.

www.marinestingers.com.au

Maybe consider exploring Sth Queensland & Nth NSW - Lady Elliott Island / Noosa / Byron Bay

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Australia and NZ in 5 weeks

Don't forget to post on the separate New Zealand forum.

4. Re: Australia and NZ in 5 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18