We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar?

hi all,

we would like to book a flight via Jetstar website from Darwin to Bali.

We could fill in all details (name, dates,...) without a problem. Just we cannot pay.

Tried to pay with 2 different kind of visacards (one from AXA Bank and another from ING bank - both in Belgium) they didnt take it.

Then we tried to do it with bank transfer but only can be done with Australian or NZland bank.

So, we are stuck.

What is the problem?? This really seems odd?

Who can help us??

Greetings Ellen

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,031 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar?

Have you enquired of your credit card providers whether there is a problem at their end?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar?

I encountered similar thing before. Wasn't able to transact with my two credit cards (which both are working fine elsewhere). Ended up calling the Jetstar hotline, and the CSR processed the purchase manually - with the same credit card.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,359 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar?

Quite often your bank will refuse foreign transfers automatically for security purposes ... if that is not the case simply contact Jetstar and see what the issue is.

Oz
Level Contributor
13,309 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar?

Hi,

Happenstance may have saved you possible unacceptable delays and abysmal customer service.

http://www.dontflyjetstar.com/

Cheers,

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,359 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar?

I love that Jetstar complaint page ... makes me feel like Einstein compared to some bozos and what they whinge about.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar?

I fly Jetstar all the time and it is fine. I have done the Darwin - Bali route many times. Yes there have been a couple of minor gripes, but seriously it is a budget airline.

Last time I booked a flight it had Paypal as an option. Maybe that would work for you?

Edited: 19 January 2014, 06:00
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar?

Your best bet would be to ring Jetstar as it may be that your credit card is not used here and so it is not recognised or you need to contact your bank first so they are aware you are doing overseas transactions. Many places now do not accept American Express cards for various reasons so it may be something along those lines that your credit card is not accepted. Though if it is a Visa card it should be accepted.

8. Re: Jetstar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 14:05
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,031 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar?

Why drag up a nine month old post to make an unhelpful, cryptic comment?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar?

Jetstar is ridiculous. Now you can only travel with 7kgs TOTAL cabin luggage. Recently travelled with computer bag and hand bag for overnight business trip. On return journey told to weigh both items. Because total was more than 7kgs had to check in computer bag.... Slugged $50. Not impressed ... What a blatant money making grab! Then of course.... As is case with jetstar... Flight delayed over an hour.

I am so disillusioned by jet star, they started with so much promise, BUT, they are the pits!