We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see places in Australia???Daintree

Ocala, Florida
8 posts
Save Topic
Must see places in Australia???Daintree

My fiancé and I will be traveling to Australia & NZ for 3 weeks. So far we are choosing Sydney, Ayers Rock, & Port Douglas. What are your opinions on the daintree rainforest ? What are the best places to visit that we could fit into three weeks? We awe considering Fiji but do not know if we will have enough time...

Thank you in advance!!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,153 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see places in Australia???Daintree

Daintree is an easy day trip from Port Douglas. There are organized tours there or you can rent a car and see it on your own.

Trying to see both Australia and New Zealand in 3 weeks is really pushing it. Don't even consider adding Fiji.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must see places in Australia???Daintree

Hi Jeremy

What are your interests? What is it you want to see and do on your trip?

I love the Daintree but that's because I love nature and wildlife. If that is not your thing then maybe we could suggest an alternative if we know what you like.

How long are you planning on being in Aus? Personally I think trying to do both Aus and NZ in three weeks is pushing it, there is so much to do in each. Don't try to fit in Fiji as well.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must see places in Australia???Daintree

Hello Jeremy

if you go to the forum for each city/destination you are looking at, there is a 'things to do' link in the green bar at the top - have a look, make a list of things that excite you and for further info on any of these things - the search box (directly above your post on this page and at the top of the list of topics on each forum front page) will be your new best friend - use this function like a google search - key words & phrases - you'll get to all previous posts on that topic

while you're using the search box - look for trip reports (aka JBRs - just back reports) - I find these the best source of info when I start to plan a trip to a new destination.

when you have something more like a draft itinerary, post it here for comment - it's much easier for the regulars to help you if they have something to work from. It's a good idea too to give an indication of your budget, interests, and style of travel

and another vote for not adding Fiji ... 3 weeks to cover 'some' of Oz and NZ is not a lot.

hope this gets you started

cheers

helen

4. Re: Must see places in Australia???Daintree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:19