We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evisitor denied

Varese, Italy
4 posts
Save Topic
Evisitor denied

Hello, I'm italian girl.

I came back from Australia in december, after 2 year of WHV.

Last week I applied for Evisitor ( so after about one month I was home), because I have a WHV for NZ and I thought to pass from Australia first to visit places that i didnt see while I was there.

My intention to go to Australia is purely turist.

When I apply online I got email from immigration officer that I have to send them more informtion.

I answered them with my holiday plan in Australia attached with accomodations from first few dys, my visa for NZ , my ticket out from Australia to NZ, my bank account with sufficiente founds....they still refuse my visa because for them I dont have genuine intentions in Australia.

They said, I already spend 697 day in Australia under WHV and the main pourpose of WHV is holidays not working. But I dint work more then 6 months for the same employer and I didnt abuse of WHV at all, I stayed under all the condition about this visa and I also travelled a lots while a was there.....but we all know how big is Australia.

There are places I didnt see, that is why before go to NZ ( now that I have money from Christmas and some savings) I wanted to go first for holiday to Australia before undertake my WHV in NZ.

This is not fear because now I have a denied visa in my passport for reason that they cant even proof (that is means everytime I apply for visaqs for other country I have to declare I got a denied visa in Australia), and I have flight booked to Brisbane that I cant change as it was under a saver fare.

So after I got denied for evisitor I wanted a transit visa, so I could get my flight to Brisbane and then take the flight to NZ, and i found this ETA visa, I apply online throught a travel agent and I got approved after 5 minuts.

How this works? Why I got denied from evisitor and approvedd for ETA, when the pourpose are the same?

Am I gonna have problems at the airport?

It will appear on them computer when I pass the immigration counter that I have been denied from evisitor?

Can I apply again for evsitor?

Thank you for your answer, Im really frustrated because I feel like a criminal...

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,900 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evisitor denied

You need to contact the Dept of Immigration - pouring out your woes on a public forum will not help you in any way.

Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evisitor denied

So, do you now have a visa, or not?

If you have questions about visas it's important that you get the correct answers or it could end up spoiling your holiday. Without the right visa you will be turned away from boarding an aircraft to Australia. The ONLY place you can be sure of getting the right visa is from the Department of Immigration.

There will be immigration officials at every Australain Embassy and Consulate. Contact the one nearest your home town.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,860 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evisitor denied

It seems to me that our Immigration Department may have arrived at the reasonable conclusion that you were using successive visa to reside in Australia.

As has been said, you need to contact the Immigration Department and the best way to do that would be in person at an embassy. www.italy.embassy.gov.au/rome/home.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,942 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evisitor denied

Go and see the Australian Consulate in Rome.

Take all your info and explain your case in person.

5. Re: Evisitor denied

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor