We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Visa

Hi I'm travelling to Australia soon for 3 weeks from Ireland and was wondering do I need a visa of some sort like in the us,thank u.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,083 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Check out FAQ - VISAS and CUSTOMS over there on the right of your screen.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,735 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Apply for an eVisitor visa (free) here: www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Find-a-visa.aspx

Leeds
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

We applied for Australian e visitor visa for 2 week trip to visit daughter at uni in sydney leaving in 5 days time -mine came back in 48 hrs but hubby still waiting we didn't even know Brits needed visas until a friend of our daughter got stuck at airport on way to Sydney without one so my daughter reminded me to get one saying it was easy and online timescales were advising 1-2 working days.

Our tickets are booked for sunday so very nervous and not able to plan and can't get refund or change flights without huge charges costing more than the tickets cost originally.

No warning on Australia IMMI website of those delays. You Cant ring processing centre if you are not in oz and european visa centre just say 'wait and possibly rearrange tickets '

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,567 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Try calling the Australian High Commission in London Carol:

immi.gov.au/Help/…

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

You can ring them - I had to once when we had a problem with the visa, so try again....

6. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2015, 10:22