We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Oz
Level Contributor
13,608 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Hi,

I haven’t laughed so much in years. The Basil Fawlty of Car Rentals. I wonder if Sybil manages Apollo.

>>#75 kve1005, your template will be used, I simply don't understand these other people online? They are one sided, I'm not going to take punches for no reason, someone is trying to down talk my company and I will defend, we were not in the wrong, terms were in contract and client agreed.<<

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k5…

Cheers,

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,964 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Ohhhhh OzRC ... you areeeee naughty!

clearly has no idea of managing an online presence

and I did a quick google search - that company lands more than it's share of complaints abut refunding deposits

Oz
Level Contributor
13,608 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Hi,

Luigi may be correct and their account has been hijacked but it's still funny.

Like they say your life hasn't been wasted if you can serve as a bad example! I'm sure KVE will be adding some of the rants to his stock of "training aids"

Cheers,

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

He had two days off during the week and a polite, co-operative person took the reins. We saw the results of that in the radical change of tone and attitude. But came back to work yesterday. :(

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,964 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

I've just been thnking about the title of this post - perhaps OzRC is giving our 'friend' more credit than is due by calling him/her a 'manager'

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,610 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Maybe he can recommend a good detailer to use before returning the car?

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

What a shame the original post has been closed and will disappear. Sometimes such behavior should be kept so that potential customers in the future can see what they will be dealing with.

Now I shall have to seek entertainment elsewhere. :-((

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,201 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Holy Headline Batman (OZRCFLER) this thread's still open? Great, I agree with Eva, I had to have look at the old thread every now and then just to see what the latest was, I usually left with a grin.

Although I have lost a bit of confidence in KVE's consultancy skills, but then, the person in question could have been an anomaly :o)

Edited: 08 February 2014, 01:41
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,345 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Ah yes, no hiding from this Rob. I'll be the first to put my hand up, and perhaps I had missed 'key' instructions.

The story of the German pre-school teacher comes to mind, the one about how the teacher taught her kids to 'look to the left, look to the right before you cross the road'. What the teacher forgot to teach, was to *not* cross the road if there were cars coming...

I'm fortunate it wasn't advice to an air traffic controller or a safety engineer at a nuclear power plant.

Back to square one.

On a lighter note - I was actually involved in this, after the sequence of events.

2nextlevel.net/resources/…hotel-soap

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

Now if only the hotel management had collected all those little soaps, passed them on to our angry car rental manager who could have been given them to the renters who in turn could use them to wash the vans.

Win- win!!

Love the story KVE. Mountains out of molehills springs to mind.

10. Re: Car Rental Company Manager enraged by Clients

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17