We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

I am going to be in Coffs Harbour from 28th to 18th July, i need to travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast on 18th July. I searched a lot and could find only flights via sydney and they are pretty costly. Can you help me with a better and cheaper alternative?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

I'd drive. It's about 6 hours, 500kms.

Your issue with that may be getting one of the major rental companies to do a decent one -way & drop off cost if you're not going back to Coffs Harbour.

Other options will almost certainly take longer and may not be cheaper.

Have a look at a train or bus to Brisbane and a bus or flight from there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

I'd drive. It's about 6 hours, 500kms.

Your issue with that may be getting one of the major rental companies to do a decent one -way & drop off cost if you're not going back to Coffs Harbour.

Other options will almost certainly take longer and may not be cheaper.

Have a look at a train or bus to Brisbane and a bus or flight from there.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 08:43
Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

I checked out some rental companies, but none provide a driver to do a drop off. I am from India and i am going to be traveling alone. Car rental companies do not rent out their cars to people below 21 and i am 19 years old.

I checked out the flight option and its too costly for me.

Is there any rental company who provides a driver with the car?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

You can get a bus from Coffs to Brisbane and then onto the Sunshine coast ... a car and driver would be hundreds of dollars.

www.greyhound.com.au/express/bookings…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

There is an option via trains - but not so convenient . You can take the NSW Trainlink Regional services ( http://www.nswtrainlink.info/ ) to Brisbane - Roma St Station. There is only one daily direct train but there are other trains that have a connecting bus for the last section into Queensland. Then, from Brisbane you can catch a train to Nambour and change to a bus for your final destination in the Sunshine Coast. Use the Translink journey planner here to see your options (use Roma St Station as the origin) : http://jp.translink.com.au/ .

For a trip to Coffs Harbour to Noosa Junction (for example) the approximate timings would be:

train or train/bus - 4 hrs Coffs Harbour to Brisbane (arriving at an inconvenient time)

train - 2 hrs Brisbane to Nambour

bus - 1 hr to Sunshine Coast

I think I would compare to the Greyhound which will probably be faster and fewer changes - but the train option is worth considering if you don't want to be on buses the whole way

6. Re: Travel from Coffs Harbour to Sunshine Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:21