We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney to Bisbane one way car hire reccomendation

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Sydney to Bisbane one way car hire reccomendation

Hi,

I have searched forums and various review sites but cannot get a feel for a recommendation for a hire company that support a one way trip from Sydney to Brisbane in March.

Would rather pick up from downtown Syndey as i wont feel like driving after a a very long flight. Can drop off in Downtown Brisbane or the Airport on the day of our return flight.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Willow

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney to Bisbane one way car hire reccomendation

Well, you can do it. All the majors offer this service, and one-or two of the second tiers (East Coast car rentals do, Bayswater don't). It is obviously just a matter of how much it will cost.

My only advice is to compare and check the prices of the major car companies, because they can vary dramatically depending on length of rental, direction, and current specials/stock. Even the start and end points being in the city or the airport can make a difference.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney to Bisbane one way car hire reccomendation

Will just add that picking up in the CBD (we don't use the term"downtown") or nearby is usually preferable as airport taxes apply for the full length of your rental from most airports, even though most of the time with the car is spent far away.

I've done multiple one-way rentals in Australia and it is not a hassle at all. All of the major companies allow you to select a different pick-up and drop-off point and will give you an instant quote including the one-way fee. If you hire the car for five days or more it seems typical to drop the one-way fees, at least between capital cities (probably doesn't apply for regional/outback areas).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,664 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney to Bisbane one way car hire reccomendation

Its not a problem if you pick up & drop off from Sydney to Brisbane especially if you are picking up from the airports. All the major car rentals allow this.. just do your research regarding prices.

4. Re: Sydney to Bisbane one way car hire reccomendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 06:17