We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Airport Transfers

Walnut, California
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on Airport Transfers

My husband and I will need transport to, and from , the airports in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Cairns. I found a shuttle service that will cost the following:

Sydney. $23.72

Melbourne $23.72

Adelaide $27.98

Cairns $13.68

All of the above prices are per person and one way.

Thanks for your help.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

Before anyone can usefully provide any info we need to know where you are going to in each of these cities.

Airport to XX hotel? etc

luggage or not? time of day?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

From an Adelaide perspective, you could catch a standard taxi to the CBD for around that price, and that seats 3 or 4 depending on passenger size :-) plus the driver.

Not a fan of shuttles - anywhere.

Walnut, California
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

Shuttles aren't my first choice, but I have used them quite a few times and they can save you money, although it sounds like not much in Adelaide.

To answer thmoore, we will be staying at hotels close to the city center, and will have 2 pieces of checked luggage.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,762 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

>>>All of the above prices are per person and one way<<<

Where did you price these tickets? Sydney is definitely wrong, and Adelaide looks completely out of whack. That would mean a shuttle for two into the city in Adelaide would cost $55+. A taxi should cost just over half that.

>>>To answer thmoore, we will be staying at hotels close to the city center, and will have 2 pieces of checked luggage<<<

You haven't really answered with much detail, so it's hard to give you alternate suggestions. But by the sounds of things, you've already made up your mind.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 19:13
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

Those shuttle prices are curious from another perspective as well. We haven't used 1c or 2c coins here for yonks - so what's with all the 68c,72c & 98c prices?

As others have said, if there are two or more in your party - taxis to the relevant city's CBD would be on par or cheaper. And infinitely more convenient & reliable.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

I'm not even quite sure what the question is?

What 'help' are you thanking us for?

Do you want alternatives?

The Melbourne price seems a bit on the high side if you are only going to the city.

I wouldn't touch Sydney shuttles with a barge pole.

What Perthite said about Adelaide also applies to Cairns.

Where did you find these prices?

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

"I'm not even quite sure what the question is?"

Is the post a question or a statement?

8. Re: Advice on Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:18