We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

Hi there,

I am considering going to Australia in Mai for a 2/3 weeks holidays trip flying from London.

I have an idea for the itinerary but obviously i know Australia is massive so if you could help me out a bit that would be great.

So flying from London to Brisbane, Brisbane to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney, Sydney to Melbourne, Melbourne to Perth and Perth back to London.

Thank you so much to let me know what you think and if you don't think i have enough time to do it.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

Welcome to the forum

You have listed some of Australia's largest cities, but what is it you actually want to see in these places? In my opinion the best of Australia is out of the cities.

With two weeks I would pick 3 places to visit, with 3 weeks you could add another one, maybe two places. Don't underestimate the time it will take to travel from place to place.

We could help you narrow down which places to visit if you could tell us a bit about your interests. For example do you like beaches, forests, museums, wineries, long hikes, snorkelling, cultural activities etc.

It would be worth doing a bit more research and posting a more detailed itinerary based on your interests - then we can help fine tune it. Feel free to post other questions along the way.

Cheers

Edited: 28 March 2014, 12:25
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

>>You have listed some of Australia's largest cities, but what is it you actually want to see in these places? In my opinion the best of Australia is out of the cities.<<

I completely agree. I'll just add a few things. IF cities are your preference when holidaying then please say so. Also there are some great day trips that can be done from the cities if you want to see a little of the surrounding areas and natural scenery without going way off the beaten track. All the cities including some you have not listed have their own unique attraction.So please tell us more about what you want and we'll be able to make suggestions to suit you.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

Hi, thank you very much to get back to me. so i am a 27 years old girl and i will be travelling by myself but in each cities i know someone who lives there, so they will be able to show me a bit around as well.

I know australia is massive so i can't see everything in a 3 weeks but now i'm thinking starting in sydney for 3/4 days visit the city, day trip to the blue mountains.. fly to cairns, stay there for 4/5 days do the reef barrier, enjoying the beach.. after fly to melboune for 5/6 days visit the city, phillip island, the great ocean road.. and finish in perth for 6 days. so it will be a 3 weeks trip.

If you know any great places to see in this cities or around please let me know.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

That sounds reasonable. I wondered why more days in Melbourne than Sydney, but if you want time for more days trips from Melbourne than from Sydney I suppose that makes sense, and of course input from the friends you are visiting is a factor in your planning.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

That sounds like a good itinerary. Don't feel like you need to plan every single day, you can leave some flexibility to add attractions you learn about while you are here, especially if you have friends to help show you around.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,800 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

<<If you know any great places to see in this cities or around please let me know.....>>

have a look in the 'things to do' tab in the green bar at the top of each city forum page ... lots there. If you need help with the logistics .. please come back with specific questions.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,550 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

Note on this satellite view of Cairns: no beaches. Mudflats. You have to go up to Palm Cove or Port Douglas to find sandy beaches in this area.

https://goo.gl/maps/zUKkp

8. Re: 2/3 weeks Australia trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:16