We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time with family....pls help

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
664 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
1st time with family....pls help

hi i intend to travel with my husband and 3 kids aged 6, 4 and 2 to australia. we have no idea which part in australia to go that bth the adults and children can enjoy. i heard abt the movie world and etc but not sure if its appropriate for kids my age. wld anyone pls advise me where in australia i shld go? im looking at about 7days and if possible would love to spend christmas there provided its not a dead town during christmas. might visit in end aug or early sept if its too expensive in dec. pls do advise me. tks

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time with family....pls help

Hi

Your question is far to broad to answer sensibly - there are just too many options.

What do you want to see and do? Mountains, beaches, cities, outback? Do you like luxury, adventure, culture etc. etc.?

Weather wise at that time of year it is best to focus on southern Australia as it is the wet season up north.

Beyond that it is best if you do some research and then come back with a list of things that appeal to you - then we can help you narrow it down.

This website is a good place to start http://m.australia.com/

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,694 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time with family....pls help

>>Your question is far to broad to answer sensibly - there are just too many options.__What do you want to see and do? Mountains, beaches, cities, outback? Do you like luxury, adventure, culture etc. etc.?<<

I'm sorry but I must agree. Just letting you know that I also read your query but it didn't tell me enough to lead to any suggestions I feel could suit.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,795 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time with family....pls help

the first thing you have to do Maha is decide if you want to visit Australia or NZ - you have asked identical questions on both forums.

I must also agree with the two previous posts - you have not given nearly enough information for anyone to be able to make informed sugestions.

Can I suggest that you do some more research yourself - you have been a member of TA long enough to know there is a wealth of info to get you started via the Top Questions on the right of the screen.

When you have something a little more concrete - please come back but for now - it is time for you to make some decisions and do some of your own research.

4. Re: 1st time with family....pls help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16