We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

Hi ... anyone have any experience of using these Tees while traveling? I take a stack of cotton T-Shirts and they weigh a ton and take forever to dry.

Any other brand that stands out? I'd love to not struggle with my luggage this year.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,054 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

I love my ice breakers…

esp the long sleeved ones!

they are comfortable and long lasting

Oz
Level Contributor
12,294 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

Hi,

I can't comment on their tees but we have been using their thermals as a base layer when skiing and winter bushwalking in NZ. The insulation properties, comfort and ease of washing are first class.

Cheers,

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,609 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

Do you mean the merino ones?

If so yes they are fabulous - and I would never take cotton T- shirts travelling now I have discovered them. I wear them on the plane, I wear them bushwalking and even out for dinner with a good pair of trousers. In fact I'm wearing one now!!!

Kathmandu also make them -and a little bit cheaper than Icebreaker and Mac Pac also do a good job.

We also always now take light weight walking pants rather than jeans from the same suppliers.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 03:04
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,824 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

Yes! Brilliant products.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,829 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

I can't comment on the tees either but love their winter gear!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

Thanks everyone ... I have a bit of shopping to do. Will buy a couple and see how they go.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,054 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

see if there is an outlet at a DFO

We have one here (birkenhead )and it is significantly less $$ esp when they have an extra 30% sale

Edited: 27 May 2014, 08:22
Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

I know you said you are going to buy them but YEsS, YES and YES!!! I LOVE my merino ice breakers- recommend to anyone. You can sweat in it and it won't smell! Love them! Dry in no time. You won't regret it - can usually get them in special at an outlet store.

9. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 14:35
10. Re: Icebreaker T-Shirts??? Worth the money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 17:17