We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in australia

hyderabad
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in australia

We are planning a week in australia in juky end. how best we can maximize the limited time? we are thinking 2 days Sydney, one day ocean drive area, 2 days Cairns. Suggestions please!!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,804 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in australia

oh dear - have you looked at a map?

pick 2 destinations (Sydney & Cairns) 3 days sydney, 3 days Cairns & 1 day lost to travelling between

this of course assumes that your 7 days is actually 7 days in australia and does not cinclude your arrival and departure days

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in australia

If you mean a week, 7 days including travel time, then stick to one destination.

Sydney with perhaps a couple of days touring nearby areas (you could include Canberra), Melbourne including a couple of days on the GOR and other areas in Victoria or Cairns (plenty to do and see for a week).

End of July is probably not the best time to be in Victoria as it's the middle of winter.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 00:22
hyderabad
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in australia

Thanks for the prompt replies. I have effectively 7 days and will keep 3 days for sydney and hows Gold coast and Blue mountains? I understand australia is a vast country so may be will visit again. Suggest the best two places for now, please!

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
349 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in australia

I'd do Sydney and Cairns (or nearby). Part of our trip we did 4 days in Cairns, actually Port Douglas, and 3 in Sydney. It was barely enough, but we got a good taste of both places.

Blue mountains are awesome. We were there in October, so not sure about July for you. A fried of mine was there in July and it was too foggy to see a dang thing!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,164 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days in australia

Three days each in Sydney and Cairns (and 1 day to travel) will just give you a taste of the country, but I think it's the best combination for you with only 7 days in July. Sydney is iconic of Australia and shouldn't be missed. The weather is generally fairly mild there, even in the middle of winter (July). The conditions in Cairns will be excellent--warm weather with little chance of cyclones. Also, you won't encounter the stinger jellyfish in July. Be sure to book some sort of trip out to the Great Barrier Reef.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,967 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days in australia

will keep 3 days for sydney and hows Gold coast and Blue mountains?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be the perfect holiday for me!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,456 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 days in australia

Not in July

GC can be quite cool so the whole attraction becomes null and void

I'm another for Syd and Cairns…

even the cairns may be cool (relatively) although this year its looking like a beauty

8. Re: 7 days in australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 05:16