We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unpaid Traffic Fine

4 posts
Save Topic
Unpaid Traffic Fine

Hi guys

Just needed some advise here. As I will be entering Australia in July and I have an unpaid fine will I still be able to enter Australia? Will I be stop at the Immigration because of this?

Advises are highly appreciated.

Thank you

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,745 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

why didn't you pay the fine? you broke our rules and now you want us to tell you if it would stop you getting back into the country?

what advice would you give someone visiting your country wh asked the same question?

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

I doubt you will get too much helpful advise here. Why was your fine not paid? I can't think of any good reason why a traffic fine would not be paid? Did you break the law? If so, then you should of paid up.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

>> Will I be stop at the Immigration because of this? << I'm hoping you will be, why don't you pay the fine before you arrive, then there'll be no questions.

Anyway, whose car were you driving when you got the fine, if it was a rental the fine would have been taken from your credit card, if it was a friends car, you're no friend anymore, and if it was in an old bomb you bought, you're probably one of those who just dump them around the countryside leaving it up to others to pay for the removal costs.

I also find it odd, that on your TA Travel Map, you don't show you've been to Australia, yet it shows other destinations, call me curious.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

Will you be stopped? I certainly hope so.

My advice? Pay your debt or visit elsewhere. We have enough lawbreakers and bad drivers of our own.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,630 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

Yes, Lisa, there may be many reasons. But I'll go with the "wanton neglect" option. The OP clearly knows they haven't paid the fine.

Welcome to the forums, Lisa. :)

Luigi

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

>> Fines might not be paid for a whole lot of reasons, just not wanton neglect. << Lisa, give us one acceptable reason on the following conditions, as said, the OP can afford to return, knows they have an outstanding fine, and is more concerned if they can return?

Edited: 29 May 2014, 00:07
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,243 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

They can afford flights for two trips here but can't afford a small fine ?????

Lovely of Lisa to sign up here just to make her uninformed comments. I can assure her that debt records do in fact become federal depending on what stage of the collection process they are at and judgments can and will be made known to the DIMIA database.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

Signing up simply to berate people for making valid comments about someone breaking the country's laws and wanting to know how to circumvent responsibility, THAT'S what I don't understand.

9. Re: Unpaid Traffic Fine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:17