We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines for Inter Australia Flights

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Windsor
Level Contributor
734 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines for Inter Australia Flights

Looking into the future, I am researching fares between various cities in Australia. Brisbane to Sydney, Sydney to Melbourne, Melbourne to Adelaide and then Adelaide back to Sydney.

Now to my question. I will be travelling with carry on only. I am getting a wide range of fares depending on the carrier. Can someone tell me a bit about Tigerair or Jetstar? I have searched and really can't find out too much information regarding quality of service or carry on regulations (cost for a carry on?)

Thanks for any and all help!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,441 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airlines for Inter Australia Flights

I note you havent mentioned Virgin. They are full service airline with a mix of no frills prices (ie pay for luggage etc) as well as all inclusive prices.

I prefer them handsdown over the other 3.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,440 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airlines for Inter Australia Flights

You could also research the Qantas Air Pass ... I'm unaware of the details of how it works but if you are willing to spend a bit of time looking into it it may be worthwhile.

qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/air-pass/us/en

Mansfield, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airlines for Inter Australia Flights

Surprisingly, Tiger has been the only major airline in Australia that I've never had any problem with. Other have screwed me one way or another.

Now that Virgin owns the majority of Tiger, they have improved so much since last year.

14. Re: Airlines for Inter Australia Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:17