We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa subclass 600 problems

4 posts
Save Topic
Visa subclass 600 problems

Hei guy,

I am holding a Vietnamese passport and applied Australia visa 3 weeks ago by lodging the application in Madrid, Spain. Today I receive a response from the Embassy saying that my application is refused. The given reason is "Additional evidence consists of a bank statement provided in the applicants' name indicating that a balance of 546 euros was available as of 11 Jun 2014".

However, I attached TWO bank statements in the application package, one with 546E, and another with 4000E. I am not sure if they are reckless or not but I am frustrated right now. I emailed them about that but I totally have no idea if they answer/review my application.

I am thinking about apply again.

I am not sure if any of you here have experiences about that? Is it possible to apply again or I have to wait after a certain amount of time?

Thank you very much. Any suggestions are really helpful.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 10:38
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

You are entirely in their hands. If you have already contacted them, there is nothing anyone here can do.

I think it would not be helpful to submit a new application. Surely the passport number will alert them to the similarity.

May I ask why you submitted the second bank statement with E546?

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

I packed with 2 bank statements for no reasons. My bank provided me 2 statements, because I had two accounts. Then I just packed them in the application. I have no idea why they ignored/forgot my 2nd.

I have searched the Immigrant website and still have no idea if it is possible to apply again immediately. But I know it is possible for Schengen visa.

I feel like they would not answer my inquiry. Frustrated.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 12:00
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

I think there is something more to the story about the two different accounts. Was the E4000 in a term deposit or somesuch that was not accessible while overseas?

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

It is just a saving account accompanied with my current account. It is not a deposit.

Do you have any idea if they would reconsider? Or can I apply again immediately?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

You mentioned previously that you had sent them an email about having two accounts. Have they replied to that?

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

The thing is I only have 1 month of free time from 20 Aug to 30 Sept to visit my girl friend in Australia. You know the distance is tough.

Also I did not include a travel plan because she is busy to travel with me in Australia. Most of the time will be in Brisbane. I mostly included financial proof (my monthly income from the Belgian school scholarship, my savings) and that's it. Somehow it made my application so weak I think.

I am hoping they will answer me in a couple of days. Missing someone would make you feel lonely you know

Edited: 17 July 2014, 12:48
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

OK. I understand.

8. Re: Visa subclass 600 problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:16