We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with itinerary ideas

Cold Spring, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with itinerary ideas

My husband and I are planning a trip lat Oct early Nov 2014. We have family in Sydney but wish to see and do more. We are nature lovers and have hiked and camped extensively. we are in our 60's and will not be able to bring along our own equipment. We are seeking suggestions as to places to go, and outfitters or guides for private or small group activities.

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with itinerary ideas

Wow, there are so many amazing options - you may need to narrow it down a bit so the locals can advise. How much time do you have? Are you willing to fly to other locations? This is actually often the least expensive way to go. Do you want to snorkel and see the rsinforest near Cairns? Hike the wilderness of Tasmania? Visit wildlife on Kamgaroo Island? At the very least, you can find many awesome hikes along Sydney's beaches and a two hour train ride from Sydney in the Blue Mts. Try searching hiking/walking Australia and see what comes up that appeals to you. Australia is incredibly beautiful, full of amazing wildlife and nature, and the locals are friendly and helpful. You are going to love if!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with itinerary ideas

I thought I posted on your other thread?

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with itinerary ideas

I note that Life's an Adventure does mulitiday hiking tours in the Blue Mts and Tasmania and provides all equipment. We haven't used them but plan to next year, based on the TripAdvisor reviews. Likely other companies do the same.

4. Re: Please help with itinerary ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:15