My wife, our son (then 23), daughter (then 21), and I will be in Australia in early January for 2 weeks.
We are just starting to plan the trip, and Frommer's suggested:
1) flying in to Sydney
2) the Blue Mountains
3) Cairns and the Great Reef
6) Kinds Canyon
7) Alice Springs
8) Bondi Beach
1) Our kids love nature/animals most of all - any suggestions?
2) Suggestions with the itinerary weather wise for that time of year?
3) Are we missing any sites that you would want your best friends to see "for sure?"
4) Any activities which are wonderful and we should do?
5) Hotel tips?
6) Rent a car or public transportation? (we favor public, if doable).
7) Any tips for these locations? Words from the wise?