We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help!

Smyrna, Delaware
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help!

My husband and I will be traveling to Australia from September 25-October 10. We are looking for some input on our itinerary, places to stay and how much time we should allot to each city. Below is a rough idea of what we have come up with.

25th - Sydney sightseeing

26th - Sydney sightseeing

27th - Sydney sightseeing

28th - Sydney sightseeing

29th - head to the Blue Mountains, stay a night

30th - explore the Blue Mountains, head back to Sydney that evening

1st - Fly to Brisbane

2nd - Explore Brisbane

3rd - Explore Brisbane

4th - Explore Brisbane

5th- Explore Brisbane

6th- Explore Brisbane

7th- Drive Sunshine or Gold coast, stay along the way

8th- Sunshine or Gold Coast exploring, head back to Brisbane

9th- Fly back to Sydney, explore Sydney for the last evening

10th - Flying out of Sydney to Seattle

For Sydney, we are looking to stay at the Marriott in Circular Quay to be close to the buses, ferrys and central to other attractions. We are looking for ideas in Brisbane and what area to stay in. We are two late 20-somethings looking for good food and some relaxation. Is the Sunshine or Gold Coast better to explore? Any other info or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Cradle Mountain
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Mountains, Forests, Waterfalls
Ayers Rock and the Olgas
Geologic Formations, Mountains
Level Contributor
13,790 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help!

Why Brisbane??? I would suggest you substitute The great Barrier Reef or Uluru/Kata-Juta for the time you have allocated to Brisbane.

You have the opportunity to visit one of the World Heritage Areas or a city? Brisbane is ok as cities go but I certainly wouldn't travel to the other side of the world to visit it. The GBR or Uluru are unique and magnificent.

Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help!

Five days in Brisbane and only 2 in the coast doesn't really make much sense.

People go to Queensland to go to the beach and Brisbane isn't in the coast. What is there you want to see and do in Brisbane?

It's only an hour from Brisbane to either the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast so you don't need to stop for a night.

Personally, if give Brisbane amiss and focus in the coastal and hinterland areas.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help!

I agree too much time in Brisbane, why did you pick this as a destination?

<<We are two late 20-somethings looking for good food and some relaxation>>

With those priorities I would actually recommend you look at somewhere like Tasmania or Adelaide and the Barossa Valley or further north in Qld like the Whitsundays.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,524 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Help!

I'm confused by the whole Brisbane plus a short side trip thing too?

You say you want >>good food and some relaxation<< and there's somewhat of an implication from your choices that you want warmer weather and a coastal location (is that for swimming or general ambience)? The more you can clarify what sort of experience you are looking for, the better we can help you, there's lots of choices.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Help!

With 8 nights in Queensland, you could do both the Sunny Coast AND the Gold Coast. Split your time, 4 days in each, maybe one extra day in Gold Coast. Give Brissy a miss, or just stop by there for lunch on your way through.

6. Re: Itinerary Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:16