We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 weeks to go- some last minute queries- weather/wineries

Lincoln
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
4 weeks to go- some last minute queries- weather/wineries

Hi everyone,

I first used this site many months ago when planning our trip and the info and advice was amazing and so useful.

Well its all organized. We are flying to Sydney and then over three weeks making our way to Melbourne with the final week in Adelaide to see the cricket.

How is the weather shaping up? Im hoping its shorts and t-shirts- too optimistic?

As we have a week in Adelaide and have tickets for 4 days cricket we will have time for sightseeing and the Wineries appeal a lot.

Can anyone give any personal recommendations/ advice please?

Thanks to everyone who has helped me on the way.

I will certainly post back after our hols and let you know how it went.

Best wishes, Shadowstar.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 weeks to go- some last minute queries- weather/wineries

I'm sure the locals can give you more detailed recommendations, but we enjoyed the following wineries:

McLaren Vale - very handy for Adelaide:

Hugo Wines

D'Arenberg - good restaurant with excellent views, liked the Dead Arm Shiraz

Kay Brothers - beautiful historic winery in a lovely setting with superb wines

Lots of good foody things to enjoy in and around McLaren Vale - www.mclarenvale.info has lots of info.

Barossa Valley:

Grant Burge

Charles Melton

Rockford

Also Penfolds Magill winery is very near Adelaide.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the cricket.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,868 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 weeks to go- some last minute queries- weather/wineries

Sydney weather is abit up an down at the moment...30 plus for two days in a row then a cool change and down to around 20 today...

Still t shirt and shorts for a brit!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,523 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 weeks to go- some last minute queries- weather/wineries

Good advice there from johnandginny. We also like Coriole at McLaren Vale and lunch at Jacobs Creek in the barossa is very nice Also recommend a visit to Maggie Beers Farmshop in the Barossa.

Other choices for sightseeing close to Adelaide would be Victor Harbour and Goolwa and the southern beaches.

Weather here at the moment has turned very cool after starting off hot- so hard to say what it will be next month. You will definitely need long trousers and a warm top for the evenings. I have been frozen at the cricket in Adelaide when not dressed warmly enough and spent the entire day wrapped in a rug. The wind can be bitingly cold.

4. Re: 4 weeks to go- some last minute queries- weather/wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 18:16