We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

" Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
707 reviews
Save Topic
" Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

An opportunity to see the big stuff that isn't normally on display

www.awm.gov.au/events/big-things-store/

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: " Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

Great for school Holidays. Also remember to stay for the "story of the day" at closing time when staff relay the story of a single random soldier. A unique and moving experience. Some people just go the the AWM at 4.30 every day for the story.......

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
17,004 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: " Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

Thanks ActRegular_traveller.

I noticed the placards up on some of the main roads advertising the event, but they have rather a lot of visual competition about that other event, the one happening today :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: " Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

Hello,

Just a quick question, is the date your referring to in this post related to 2013 or is it for this September in 2014? I live in QlD and would love to see this museum, so knowing it's exact date would be ideal to ensure I can go and bring my family.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
707 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: " Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

mark-butler70 - that was the date for 2013. The War Memorial website doesn't seem to have a date yet for a 2014 event, but it looks like it is usually around the same time each year.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on the AWM website a bit closer to the date, or send them an email.

http://www.awm.gov.au/

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: " Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

thanks for the information.

6. Re: " Big Things in Store" on again at War Memorial Annex 15 Sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:49